Monday, April 5, 2010

day three almost sugar free

I confess, I broke down and nibbled on few crusts from the apple pie left over from Easter. But, I sure feel better. Three days without sneaking chocolate around until I can eat in private. Three days of not having to stay up later than anyone so that I can eat, eat, eat. I walked up an incline today and I didn't get the tight feeling in my chest or struggle to take a breath. Grant you, it could be the blood pressure medicine that the doctor prescribed recently. Maybe it's a mix. I do know that I have made one change. One change only. And I'm not going nuts with cravings. Tomorrow I see the cardiologist for the first time. My family doctor refered me becuase of tightening of my chest upon exersion. I don't think there will be a treadmill test on the first visit. Well, I've got to go and get a good night's sleep. Due to personal reasons I am still trying to pull myself back together emotionally. Life is not perfect. I'm learning. The biggest gift I can give to myself and others is to not try to make all my relationships perfect. It's impossible and frustrating to even attempt. I need to let people be who they are and enjoy their unique contributions to life. And, I need to accept and love myself just the way I am.
Maybe then I don't need the sugar highs.
Day four is tommorrow!
Sugar Junkie longing to be free

No comments:

Post a Comment