Sugar is a powerful thing. It takes cocoa and makes it magic. It turns ice tea into the toast of summer. Today, the first day in as long as I can remember, I did not indulge in sugar. No candy bars under the pillow, in my purse or hidden under a towel beside the bathtub.
Yes, I did have a few sips of iced tea and a bit of crust off the apple pie. That was it. Without sugar to spur me on, I didn't really eat much of the Easter meal. And, I'm not really hungry right now.
Bottom line. Can I develope a healthy lifestyle without making drastic changes that make me feel as if I'm in prison. I'm not going to restrict the amount of my intake. Instead, I'm backing off of sugar, white flour and processed foods. Sugar is my most drastic denial. I made it through the first day. And, I actually feel good. Well, I was pretty emotional. Hormones? Sugar withdrawl? I"ll have to look up more about this. So, I am exhuasted. Feel like I've been put through the wringer (old fashioned washing machine?) But, I'm not sluggish. One day, 364 days to go.
Good night!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment